User Experience (UX) Designer
Our clients' new innovation hubs set out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you’ll be challenged to think and do differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
A designer who can be hands on as well as lead the experience workstream of projects? A holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards across all touchpoints that deliver on product experience? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design from? A shaper who wants to define the user experiences of the future? A champion of design that can show the value of experience design to one of the world’s biggest companies? Then this is for you.
At a project level:
- Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the experience component;
- Carry out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic);
- Identify use cases, write epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, content and requirements;
- Produce working documentation/deliverables such as experience guidelines, UX flows, wireframes,screens and prototype(s).
- Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
- Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams;
- Develop and run prototype testing sessions:
- A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation e.g. card sorting etc.
- Use the UI design system/language, components, grid structures, icons, interactions as needed;
- Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities;
- Work with the wider organisation and cross functional project teams to clarify business problems.
At a capability level:
- Work closely with other designers to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build.
- Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach to the design lead.