Operations Supporter, Support Engineer/Emc, Ldap, Linux, Redhat, Windows 7/Nederland – Drenthe
Operations Supporter, Support Engineer
Emc, Ldap, Linux, Redhat, Windows 7
For our international client in Assen we are looking for a Dedicated Support.
Period: 12 months +
Primary focus is enabling productivity & workflows of the Technical Professionals such as geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers, seismic interpreters.
– Role involves combination of hands-on deskside visits, remote support via phone, email, Instant messaging & escalations to other teams.
– Required to take ownership of Technical Computing issues on the customer’s behalf & work/escalate them through to resolution.
– Ensure requests for advice & assistance are handled promptly and effectively with E2E ownership taken.
– Proactively ensure customers make effective use of the facilities available to them, some issues requiring internal resolution while others involve advising on the best use of available IT solutions.
– Diagnose underlying causes of difficulties and devise solutions to ensure that the effect on customers is minimized.
– Liaise with other IT functions & external suppliers.
– Regularly monitor the incident, status and speed of resolution of enquiries and problems, be pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, products or services.
– Proven knowledge/certification of Microsoft Windows (W7-64), Linux (RedHat), RGS (HP Remote Graphics Software), Storage (EMC, Net-App, CIFS, DFS), Microsoft Desktop, Active Directory, LDAP products, ITIL
– Proficient in Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards, Customer Service Techniques, Proficient in Function or Department Operations.
– Familiar with Customer Value Chain Concepts.
– Part of European team supporting +/- 1700 customers.
– Highly customer focused & flexible attitude required.
– Must be able to work independently & equally effectively as part of a global team.
– The candidate should demonstrate commitment and ingenuity in expert application of available facilities to standard & non-standard situations.
– Must be able to work independently & equally effectively as part of a global team. Excellent written & spoken English essential.
Technical Skills and Experience:
-Candidates should have (proven) knowledge/certification in Microsoft Windows (W7-64) and Linux (LPIC, RedHat).
Should have knowledge in regards:
o Microsoft Windows (W7-64),
o Linux (RedHat),
o RGS (HP Remote Graphics Software),
o Storage (EMC, Net-App, CIFS, DFS),
o Microsoft Desktop,
o Active Directory,
o LDAP products,
Soft Skills and Experience:
Should be proficient in Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards, Customer Service Techniques, Proficient in Function or Department Operations. Familiar with Customer Value Chain Concepts.
An important part of the role will be ensuring agreed processes are followed.
Interested? Send us your English CV, motivation and hourly rate!
Nederland – Drenthe